- Conference was extremely well run. Absolutely fantastic conference experience.
- Excellent technical presentations on new features for Oracle Database Server 11gR2 and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11gR2.
- Organization of social networking for conference.
- Oracle ACEs dinner.
- Oracle live streaming video.
- Great friends.
- OTN lounge networking.
- Great food in San Francisco.
- Excellent networking and meetings during week.
- Bus transportation for all events was excellent.
- IOUG community at the conference.
- Oracle will spend more R&D on Java, Solaris, SPARC and other important areas.
- Oracle 11gR2 feature/functionality is very impressive. Overall reduces cost but adds new level of complexity for DBAs.
- Virtualization is hot, Oracle, HP, Sun, Vmware all increasing VM technology for managing IT environments.
- Oracle (software) + Sun (hardware) = Speed
- Social networking for business stood out as key part of conference.
- Oracle Fusion middleware technology is key to everything Oracle is doing in Fusion Applications.
Time to head back home.
Labels: Oracle Open World 2009