Great day at Oracle Open World:
- Stopping by and visiting IOUG booth. They are giving away Tips Booklet.
- Developing Rich Internet Applications and Rich Enterprise Applications with Oracle ADF Faces
- Oracle Fusion Development Experience: An Oracle Application Development Framework Overview
- Introduction to Storing, Indexing, and Querying XML with Oracle XML Database I
- Introduction to Storing, Indexing, and Querying XML with Oracle XML Database II
- High-Performance Database Applications Using Oracle In-Memory Database Cache Scott McNealy,
- Meeting with friends for coffee before ACEs dinner
- Oracle ACEs dinner
- Probably won't be able to attend the open receptions but that's okay.
Highlights of Larry Ellison during keynote:
- SPARC is a incredible technology.
- MySQL competes in different market. Oracle will spend more on developing MySQL. MySQL does not compete against Oracle.
- Sun solution offers 25% better throughput with 16x better performance response time versus IBM.
- Sun hardware/software with Oracle software is a great combination.
- IBM is NOT very green compared to Sun.
- NFS/PC-NFS Technology
- SPARC chip
- Sun was open source before open source was cool.
- Solaris combining BSD + UNIX System 5 was the solution to beat.
- Open Storage
- E10K - 64-way Solaris4.
- Project Blackbox - datacenter on wheels
- Chip multithreading "CoolThreads"
Labels: Oracle Open World 2009