Oracle commercials are fantastic, very funny yet are doing a great job of getting business message across.
Networking - Fantastic to get insights, perspectives, best practices, lessons learned, war stories, trends from industry leaders. Individual meetings are as valuable as sessions. Understanding how to network at conference is so important. My number one advice for networking success is to always pay it forward.
PHP is now in the enterprise and has Oracle's attention. Oracle is going to invest more and more in PHP. PHP is now in the enterprise and is now one of top three most popular programming languages. Oracle's doing things like leveraging PHP performance with Times Ten. Oracle is also investing more in Python and Ruby.
Cloud is virtualization, software, provisioning and platform as a service. Customers are looking at public, hybrid and private clouds.
- Sun Second Life meeting - Digitial Quicksand - Time Draining Habits in a Web 2.0 world.
- Keynote: Thomas Kurian - The Fusion message, importance of SOA/Web 2.0 apps to solve business challenges of disparate systems. ADF interfaces with WebCenter, very impressive. Active Data Guard in 11gR2 looks really good.
- Keynote: The Future of Enterprise Computing
- Hidden Gems of Oracle Data Pump
- Rein in the Chaos and Stop the Sprawl
- Bloggers meetup
Labels: Oracle Open World 2009