Last week was the wrap up of the Collaborate 07 in Las Vegas conference. This conference brings together the Oracle user group community. The IOUG, OAUG and Quest user groups have collaborated to bring together one conference for the Oracle technical user and the Oracle application user communities.
This conference offers a number of opportunities to the Oracle user community.
- Allowing technical and application users the opportunity to attend a variety of technical sessions from all of the user groups.
- Vendors love this conference because they can support one conference instead of multiple conferences from the different user groups. Attendees benefit from the wide variety of vendors attending the conference.
- Bringing together the business application world and the technical world into one conference provides excellent networking, discussion groups, expert panels and presentations that impact all sides of Oracle technology.
Some final thoughts regarding the week at Collaborate 07 in Las Vegas, 2007:
- The key Oracle user groups: the IOUG, OAUG and Quest are working better and better together.
- Oracle continues to provide more functionality, features and products that the user community has to try to figure out. Attendees see the user groups as being a key component of helping them understand the key issues.
- Attendees have been struggling to understand Oracle Fusion technologies. However, a number of key presentations during this week provided some great insights and are starting to shed the light on Oracle Fusion. There is more work to be done but this week was a strong step towards guiding the user community towards Fusion technology.
- More Oracle customers are working in multi-tiered heterogeneous environments and are struggling with strategies for managing these environments.
- Security is increasing in importance and there is a lot of discussion determining the best approaches to addressing security.
There are a number of Oracle related conferences in April, May and June. A number of them include:
- ETA Conference - Security
- Collaborate 07 - Oracle technical and business application conference
- CA World - Database management and CA products
- Java One - Java technology
- HP Technology Forum and Expo - HP Technology and Products